Monday, October 7, 2013

Secret Recipe Club: Granola Cookies

My husband deploys for six months starting tomorrow.   We've known he was going to deploy for awhile, but we just found out the day that he was leaving less than a week ago.  Needless to say...things have been stressful at our house.  I was thankful for the Secret Recipe Club this month because it gave me some respite from the stress and allowed me some time just to think about baking for awhile.

Secret Recipe Club

This month's assignment was Love and Flour, written by LeAndra.  I actually found my recipe by going and looking at things pinned from Love and Flour on Pinterest.  It helped me focus my eyes onto this great Granola Cookie recipe.  Please go check out all the delicious desserts on Love and Flour, and also check out her Oktoberfest series.  All the recipes look delicious.

Granola Cookies
from Love and Flour
Ingredients
2¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1¼ cups light brown sugar, packed
¾ cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups granola
1 cup chocolate chips
½ cup dried cranberries or cherries
 
Directions
1) Cream the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy, about 1 to 2 minutes.
2) Beat in the eggs and the vanilla until the mixture is well incorporated and smooth.
3) Whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
4) Now beat in the flour mixture until incorporated.
5) Stir in the granola, chocolate chips and dried cranberries.
6) Drop the dough by rounded tablespoons onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
7) Bake at 350 degrees for 10-14 minutes until golden brown along the edges and puffed in the centers.
8) Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.


 
I have this amazing cherry vanilla granola that I buy in stores and it worked perfectly for these cookies.  I love cookies with little surprises in them and between the crunchiness of the granola, the sweetnes of the chocolate, and the tanginess of the cranberries, these cookes are the perfect balance of everything good in a cookie. 
 
Please browse through all the other recipes made this month.  I plan to cook a lot while my husband is gone to pass the time, so please check back if you have a chance. 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. What a great recipe! Nice pick for the SRC. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, these look so good! A great SRC pick - so tasty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you find some amazing new recipes to bake while your husband is away....and just think, you won't have to share with him! These look lovely!

    ReplyDelete